An official guide to major puzzles in the game, May Angels fall down.
Answers to all puzzles are marked with a spoiler tag.
However, due to the nature of walkthroughs, there are some spoilers.
Please read at your discretion.
Thank you for playing May Angels fall down.
- Talk to Joon on the top floor of the cafe.
- Take the Sun medallion from the ground.
- Go to the right side of the arrow puzzle to obtain the Trapdoor key.
- Press the switch on this area.
- Go to the upper side of the arrow puzzle and turn left to enter the maze.
- In the maze, avoid monsters and obtain the Library key.
- Go to the bottom-right side of the arrow puzzle to press the switch.
- Go to the bottom of the arrow puzzle and use the Library key to open the door.
- Press the switch inside the Library.
- Also, read the books in the Library and the sign outside the Library as it gives hints about the puzzle in the following area.
- Go to the upper side of the arrow puzzle, enter the maze, and go through it (exit lies on the bottom-left side)
- Use the Trapdoor key to open the trapdoor.
- Go down the stairs, enter the elevator, and select ‘Go under.’
- Go right to find a large vault and enter the passcode to enter.
- (the passcode is Joon. Hint is found in the book in the Library in the Blue area)
- After the cutscene, go right.
- Obtain the Tree key by searching on the tree’s branches.
- Enter the building on the upper side.
- Go right and use the Tree key to enter the room.
- (Note the numbers inside this room as it gives hints to the puzzle in the next area)
- Obtain the mask of Icarus on the ground.
- Leave the room and go left to enter the elevator and ‘Go under.’
- Go right and solve the smiling face and frowning face puzzle by pressing the switches in order
- (the correct sequence is 2 4 3 1 from the switch from left to right, as shown in the gray room)
- Obtain the Iron key.
- Go right and use the Iron key.
- Go down to enter a separate section with bookcases.
- Read the books to obtain the Ritual room key.
- Go up and then left to enter a hall.
- Go down the hall using the ladder and use the Ritual room key on the door at the far left.
- After the cutscene, talk to Haejin.
- Go up and open the door to the Teal area.
Teal area (Play as Sangha)
- After the cutscene, go back to the Ritual room in the red area and note the letters on the ground and their placement relative to the center.
- Use the door to enter the Teal area and go up to enter the central hall.
- Solve the passcode of the central room by entering LIES (hint shown by the placement of the letters in the red area)
- Enter the central room and obtain the Storage room key.
- Read the book in the central room.
- Go out of the room, interact with Joon to play a cutscene.
- Use the Storage room key to enter the door on the second from the right.
- Read the diary to make the door open.
- Enter the door that’s closest to the right.
- A monster chases you, run away from it until a cutscene plays.
Pink area (Play as Sangha)
- Go up and avoid the tiles when they’re gleaming white.
- Enter the door in the middle of the tiled hall and take note of the order of the symbols on the wall.
- Leave the room and go up and interact with the door to play as Joon.
Teal area (Play as Joon)
- Go down and then right to enter a room full of boxes.
- Interact with the boxes until you obtain the Illusion key.
- Use the Illusion key on the door placed downwards to enter the hall.
- After the cutscene, go left and enter the central hall.
- Switch controls from Joon to Sangha and vice versa by stepping on the sun-shaped tile on the floor.
- Enter the room on the upper left and read the books to get hints for the puzzles in the pink area.
- Enter the dark maze on the downward side of the central hall. Travel downwards to obtain the Switch room key.
- Use the Switch room key to open the door on the left side of the central hall.
- Press the switches according to the order seen in the pink room while playing as Sangha.
- Obtain the Blood key.
- Use the Blood key to enter the central room at the central hall.
- Switch to Sangha after saving.
Pink area (Play as Sangha)
- Go up to a spacious central area.
- Go left to enter a room with the alphabet on the floor.
- Interact with the letters to write out the word VOID.
- Go up the ladder and go up the stairs.
- Enter the room full of monsters and go up to enter the train room.
- Interact with the door in the train room to create a shortcut that goes from the spacious central area to the train room.
- Switch control to Joon.
Teal area (Play as Joon)
- From entering the central room in the central hall, go downwards and turn right.
- Enter the door.
- After the cutscene, run away from the monster and navigate through the maze (the exit lies on the bottom left)
Pink area (Play as Sangha)
- After control automatically shifts to Sangha, re-enter the room full of monsters, and obtain the Weeping eye.
- Return to the spacious central area and interact with the sign on the wall to put the eye back into the empty socket.
- Once that’s done, the rain will stop.
- Go back to the train room and go left to board the train.
- Wait inside the train and it would automatically move.
- Get out of the train and go left and interact with Joon.
- After the cutscene, interact with Joon again and go up the stairs.
- After going up the stairs, enter the door on the upper side.
- Interact with Haejin after going right.
- After the cutscene, go right to a central hall.
- Read the sign on the wall as it gives hints to the puzzle in this area.
- Go right and solve the X and O puzzle by turning all Xs into Os.
- After solving that, a bridge is formed.
- Use the bridge to go right then down and obtain the Floating room key.
- Use the Floating room key on the room that’s placed on the bridge.
- Take note of the arrow directions on the wall.
- Go back to the central hall and solve the passcode to activate the elevator
- (the answer is GONE, relative to the directional placement of the letters in each room close to the central hall; the order of the direction shown in the room placed on the bridge)
- Go under by using the elevator.
- Save the game.
- Enter a bridge full of monsters. Wait until the bridge is clear to cross.
- Go down and then right on the bridge.
- Enter the room.
- After the cutscene, interact with the drawer next to the bed.
- Go to the door on the upper side and enter the hall.
Gray area (Play as Haejin)
- Read the scrap of paper on the bottom-right of the room as it contains hints for the puzzle in the next area.
- Interact with the tub and go to sleep.
- In the dream, interact with Haejo lying on the floor until she says a line about mermaids and the sea.
- Go out of the room and enter the doors in the correct sequence as seen in a scrap of paper before entering the dream.
- (enter the door by 3 1 4 2, the order relative from left to right)
- Go up and then right to enter a room full of switches with moon symbols.
- Press on all the switches to activate the bridge.
- Go downwards and interact with the cake.
- A monster comes chasing after you, so avoid it by going downwards and then right on the bridge.
- Climb the ladder to the top.
- Once transported back to the room, interact with Haejo.
- After the cutscene, re-enter the room and interact with the wardrobe to hide inside it.
- After the cutscene, control automatically switches back to Sangha.
- Go up the hall to enter the elevator and go up.
- In the purple area, go right and make the switch sequence on the right side to be a horizontal reflection of the switches on the left side.
- Interact with the door.
- After the cutscene, enter the room and interact with the boxes until you find a diary.
- Read the diary and then hide inside the wardrobe.
- After the cutscene, go out of the room by entering the door at the bottom.
- Go right and then down to use the door on the left to enter the central hall.
- Enter a room on the left and solve the picture puzzle.
- After the puzzle is solved, something appears on the wall. Interact with it to obtain fuel.
- Go out of the room to the central hall.
- Then go down to enter the conveyor belt area.
- Press the switches in order to create the letter BURN.
- After that’s done, go up and obtain the Burnt key.
- Use the Burnt key in the upper room of the central hall.
- Obtain the lighter in this room.
- Go back to the room full of boxes and enter the door on the upper side.
- Interact with the lever and make a bridge.
- Cross the bridge and the cult followers start chasing after you.
- Avoid them by going to the bottom right of the hallway.
- Enter the room and interact with Haejin to see the ending.