This guide talks about Butterflies and other things which can be obtained from larvae.
Forms of insects
- A larva: long wriggling thing
- A chrysalis: long thing, does not wriggle, different colour for each breed
- A mature insect: You can see the wings. It will be flying around, or in a display case.
Not all insects can be seen in all forms in the game.
Where to find them
These breeds can be incubated from larvae you find:
- Incubate a common larva : Azurae, Empalio, Leani, Galaxe, Fensea, Abstreus
- Incubate an uncommon larva: Bee, Silk Worm (not butterflies !)
- Incubate a rare larva: Penga, Chevrone, Aemel, Liux
These breeds can be found as a chrysalis in the wild:
- Found in the Mushroom River area: Futura
- Found in the White Desert also called “the wilderness”: Alben
- Found in the Sulfur fields: Nere
- Found at the edge of sand near the waterfall: Lorpen
- Found somewhere else in the wild: Fiorente
Wild larvae take a little time to spawn. If you jet pack, or walk as fast as possible, over a route they don’t have time to appear in front of you. You have to stand still or walk around slowly (no ‘shift’ key) for a few seconds before you will see some.
If you’re trying to incubate a certain butterfly, and get one you have enough of, you can put the chrysalis in the recycler and get back the larva and the things the incubator needs. You do not always get the same butterfly from the same larva. (Thanks to the people who had that idea when I didn’t.)
- The Planet Crafter: How to Unlock the Fusion Reactor (End Game)
- The Planet Crafter: The World Map (March 2022 EA Steam Version)
- The Planet Crafter: Secrets and Other Random Stuff
- The Planet Crafter: How to Edit the Death Crate (Save File)
- The Planet Crafter: New Logistic System Guide (“Fish & Drones” Update)