Low effort guide to getting the Freaky Frogday achievement.
Undoing the Frog Curse
Warning: This is an achievement guide. It contains spoilers by it’s nature.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t taking detailed notes leading up to this achievement and since I can’t replay it, won’t be as detailed as other achievements guides but hopefully it is straightforward enough to follow as is.
- Discover “Frog Bog” in the “Big Moist”
- Speak with the Frogs and you’ll receive an emerald as well as discover “Haim Quarry”. You’ll be asked to undo the curse which has turned the workers of Haim’s Quarry into frogs by returning the emerald to the Frog God’s idol.
- Travel “Haim Quarry”
- Go to the cave at the end of the map
- DO NOT UNDO THE CURSE.
- Speak with the man in the cave, Frogger (actually a frog who wants to be human possessing a human body), and he’ll ask you to make the curse permanent. Say you’ll think about it.
- Speak with Frogger again and attempt to convince him that the curse should be undone. You’ll need to prompt him with questions in a particular order to lead him to the conclusion.
- Frogger acknowledges that he can only speak for himself, not other frogs, and that not all humans in the quarry may be guilty of ransacking the idol. Further, he’ll propose that you speak with the frogs/people in Haim’s Quarry to get their opinions. Since the idol powered emerald is giving him speech, he’ll ask for your emerald to empower it. Decline and he’ll instruct you how to power the emerald yourself.
- Speak with the frogs/people and inspect the working conditions of Haim’s Quarry.
- Return to Frogger and he’ll sadly admit that the curse should be undone.
- Propose finding an alternate solution to punish the Foreman exclusively. Frogger will suggest undoing the curse, then attempting to curse the Foreman only.
- Convince the frog possessing the Foreman to go to the cave. Hint: In the cave, the room in the back is accessible and will contain an item to bribe him with.
- Go to “Frog Bog” and try to find the frog whose human body Frogger is possessing. You’ll fail to find him.
- Return to Frogger and explain the problem. He’ll suggest you ask for the frog by name, which Frogger knows.
- Return to “Frog Bog” and ask for the frog by name.
- Return to the cave. Player will worry that the plan won’t work and Frogger will admit that it might not work. The game will tell you that you are passing a point of no return.
- Trust that everything will work out and that you won’t get frog cursed.
In the end, only the Foreman and Frogger will body swap. Everyone else will be happy to return to their original bodies.
Thanks to Jack B Nymble for his excellent guide, all credits belong to his effort. if this guide helps you, please support and rate it via Steam Community. enjoy the game.
- Shadows Over Loathing: Radio Locations for Rufus’s Side Quest
- Shadows Over Loathing: ‘You Did the Monster Sash’ Achievement Guide
- Shadows Over Loathing: “Cat Fancy” Achievement Guide
- Shadows Over Loathing: “Everything’s A Sandwich If You Believe” Achievement Guide
- Shadows Over Loathing: How to Obtain the Evilest Ending (Five Easy Steps)
1 thought on “Shadows Over Loathing: ‘Freaky Frogday’ Achievement Guide (Haim Quarry)”
You left out a step; after no frog responds to the name, you have to check the foreman’s employee files.