Small guide to give some basic tips.
Things you should know
Do not hesitate to restart until you found your basic team.
2. Armor saves your life. It serves as a shield, and it heals over time. That can even makes melee a viable choice to play. (Very good in early to avoid wasting bullets)
3. Your choices during the story mission can affect greatly the enemy generation…
If you keep killing bosses and completing secondary objectives you will face zero or close to zero “high” level enemies.
4. Don’t be afraid to use your food and/or your wood, you get tons of them during the game and they serve very few purpose. Food is needed to buy new soldiers (count a maximum of 50 food for a soldier) and to save your game. Wood is used for barricades most of the time but also for some actions in some maps/missions, usually you only need around 10 of them to do so. Also barricades hold much better than you would expect.
5. Soldiers, medics and engineers have different names… and different weapons/equipement.
Some medics can heal, some will boost your accuracy instead. Same for engineer, some can put turrets to help defending, some have a weapon instead.
6. Intellect is crazy usefull, increase it first on your medics/engineers, they will need less time to do objectives and it gives you a few secondes when you arrive on a map before the enemy start coming ! Late game with 6 heroes with 5 intellect each you can sometimes clean a map before the enemy start spawning.
7. Double check the place in story missions, you can get upgrades that increase you base AP each day in some of them.
8. You won’t be able to get all research/vehicule upgrades, pick carefully. One of the research gives you up to 3 more AP per day, it’s a must have. As for the vehicule, more places to get a bigger team is a must have.
9. You can pause the game after you buy a specific vehicule upgrade. But the cost is high… Up to you.
-Sergey D: Start with a special shotgun (cost more to upgrade but stronger than basic shotgun) and a sword (strong melee that cost no bullets yeay :D).
-Mitch S: Start with a special shotgun (same as above) and a pistol.
-Kivi H: Start with a shotgun and a minigun (good weapon but need a small charge before it starts shooting and use a lot of ammo).
-Hudson J: Start with a uzi and a bow (special weapon that uses wood to shoot). You get him when starting with a soldier.
-Trent B: Start with an assault rifle and a rocket launcher (huge aoe damage that can hit your units too ! Needs specific targeting and rare ammo).
-Marc L: Start with a shotgun and a chainsaw (great melee damage at the cost of precious fuel).
-Alan M: Start with an uzi and a shotgun.
-Simon F: Start with an assault rifle and a bow.
-Curtis S: Start with a pistol and equipement to make baricades. (You get him when starting with an engineer)
-Mendoza R: Start with equipement for baricades and to make turrets. No weapon !
-Ulrich D: Start with equipement for barricades and to make turrets. No weapon !
-Daniel S: Start with equipement to heal and equipement to buff around him. No weapon !
-Alex I: Start with a pistol and equipement that gives a small healing around him. (You get him when starting with a medic).
-Boris C: Start with equipement to buff around him and a pistol.