I found the private game server settings for you so you don’t have to stress.
How to find and edit Private Game server settings
As of 5/17/2022 , there is no built in server editing UI.
Took a little bit of testing but I figured out how to edit an existing Private Game’s server settings so you don’t have to.
- Navigate to Steam\steamapps\common\VRising\VRising_Server\VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings
- Edit the ServerGameSettings.json with Notepad, preferably Notepad ++.
- Make sure no one is in the server (including yourself) and save the edited ServerGameSettings.
- Enjoy your edited server settings.
More Info by Takoum
You cannot use this to modify an existing server. To do this you must go in “C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Stunlock Studios\VRising\Saves\” find the repertory for your server and modify the ServerGameSettings.json in this directory.
If you can’t find the right parameter line, just add the line by copying it from Steam\steamapps\common\VRising\VRising_Server\VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings\ServerGameSettings.json
This does work to adjust settings on a private game server as I tested this by tinkering with FloorLimit multiple times.
The only thing it doesn’t seem to do is allow you to change game mode and how big a clan size is.
Probably some more things, haven’t extensively tested it out as I just wanted to play the game.
Thanks to Rukio for his great guide, all credit to his effort. you can also read the original guide from Steam Community. enjoy the game.
- V Rising: How to Host a Server on CentOS Linux
- V Rising: How to Gather Iron Fast
- V Rising: Basic Guide (Modes, Skills, Bosses, Castle, Servants, and More)
- V Rising: How to Make Leather (Maximizing Efficiency)
- V Rising: How to Creat Your Wolf-Pack
1 thought on “V Rising: How to Edit Multiplayer Sever Settings (Existing Private Game)”
This can be done to edit clan settings btw – Got to appdata local\AppData\LocalLow\Stunlock Studios\VRising\Saves\v1
– inside that you can find ServerGameSettings.json – edit that to switch clan size with NP++