Despite its imposing description, this achievement is incredibly easy and be completed in about ten minutes. Here’s how. Current and working as of 220.127.116.11
How To Earn the Achievement “Far From Home”
Start as Jarl Hæsteinn, Count of Montaigu, available in the 867 start under the “Great Adventurers” tab. Make sure Ironman mode is on. Why start as Hæsteinn? Because he starts close to our goal along with 3,500 soldiers and more than enough money to fund our overseas adventure.
Please note that this guide assumes that you are steam-rolling straight for the achievement; because of that, we don’t have to worry about any game mechanics other than declaring wars and moving our troops.
Using the Find Title function (shortcut V), find the below counties and use the Conquer County CB on them one by one. Each conquered county brings you within diplomatic reach of the next. Their rulers have less than 500 soldiers each, no allies, and will fall to your 3.5k viking doomstack in no time.
1. Napoli, located southeast of The Papacy.
2. Chandax or Chania, the Islamic island just south of the Byzantine Empire.
3. Suakin, on the eastern coast of the Red Sea.
4. Socotra, the island located immediately east of Africa, in the Indian Ocean!
Select your recently conquered County of Socotra, and you’ll find the “Move Realm Capital Here” icon in the lower-half of the County tab just to the right of the Holding name. It’s the one that looks like a crown with an up-arrow going into it. Let a few in-game days pass so that your achievement registers, and you’re done!
- Crusader Kings III: How to Become an Emperor of France (Tips & Tricks)
- Crusader Kings III: How to Change Game Rules Mid-Game (Win 10)
- Crusader Kings III: How to Win Any War Without Raising Armies
- Crusader Kings III: How to Find Cloud Save
- Crusader Kings III: How to Fix Unable to Locate Configuration File